EA details SSX new features, pre-order bonuses
The Electronic Arts presser at Gamescom showcased SSX and it’s new social friendly features integrated into the title. SSX creative director Todd Batty mentioned that SSX features elements heavily influenced by modern EA racers.
A player’s record on a certain track will have a ghost running against which 100,000 players can compete simultaneously.
He also announced many other new features notably a new Autolog like leaderboard service titled “Ridernet.” The new leaderboard system is powered by the same Autolog engine however, adds new social options that will allow players to “like” certain moves/drops in the game and will also allow players to vote their friends up or down.
The new service also allows players to recommend certain drops for their friends/ players to try.
EA also detailed pre-order bonuses for the title. Find the list below,
- GameStop – receive legendary SSX character Eddie Wachowski, his Elite snowboard, and a bonus boost
- Origin – receive Elise’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Amazon – receive Mac’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Best Buy – receive Zoe’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost
- Wal-Mart – receive Kaori’s Elite snowboard and a bonus boost